Every child should have an opportunity to expand their knowledge and uncover their talents.
In South Africa, challenges around location, education and access are affecting children from disadvantaged backgrounds, limiting their access to the tools they need to thrive and grow in science, technology, software and mechanical engineering and mathematics (STEM). As a country, we need more young people to be inspired by these subjects and more support in helping them to develop the skills needed to ignite our economy and provide long – term sustainability.
The EDSA Foundation, a not-for-profit organisation, that addresses these challenges and provide children from disadvantaged backgrounds with theoretical knowledge and practical implementation in the STEM basics. Our goal is to bring the principles of STEM to children from disadvantaged communities across SA, giving them the opportunity to learn according to their own capabilities – every child (aged 5 to 13 years) identified by the foundation will be given the chance to participate in uniquely designed educational programmes.
Create opportunities for children in South Africa to get exposed to a better education – which will build a better future for our country
- Create future leaders and innovators
- Provide an educational service to the poor and needy in South Africa
- Promote and support Early Childhood Development
- Promote and support learning and education in Science, Technology, Software and Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Provide fun and exciting STEM educational programmes
- Train people from our community to conduct the programmes